Associate Director, Athletics (Compliance)Full-Time
The mission of Princeton University Department of Athletics is to strive for excellence in academics and athletics, while embracing equity in opportunity, good sportsmanship, and ethical conduct.
Reporting to the Senior Associate Director of Athletics for Student-Athlete Experience, the Associate Director of Athletics for Compliance position will oversee all efforts concerning NCAA eligibility, NCAA compliance, Ivy League compliance, along with rules education, and will work collaboratively with the senior associate to help enhance the student-athlete experience.
Eligibility – oversee eligibility of all student-athletes.
o NCAA Initial Eligibility – work with coaches to ensure certification.
o Continuing Eligibility – assist in certification process; correspond with Associate Registrar/ Associate Dean of Student Life; meet with student-athletes regarding any and all compliance and eligibility issues; and file necessary medical waivers (hardship and absence and others as needed).
o Transfer Eligibility – assist student-athletes planning to transfer to other institutions.
• NIL/Name Image Likeness
o Serve as a point of contact for promotional activities and liaison to Opendorse (NIL tracking system).
• Infractions: Process NCAA and Ivy League violations, as needed.
• Monitor the following: NCAA Countable Athletic Related Activity logs and Ivy Rest Days; Participation Records; NCAA Financial Aid/ Squad List limits for Ivy office; recruiting records; and summer activities of both coaches and student-athletes.
• Rules Education – provide and organize educational efforts for athletic and University staff members, coaches and student-athletes, which includes: monthly staff updates; student-athlete meetings and emails when education is necessary (i.e., gambling); create educational material for alumni/Friends of Princeton Athletics/campus departments; develop department policies; interpret NCAA and Ivy rules for coaches and staff.
• Serve as the liaison/coordinator of the Varsity Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (VSAAC)
• Assist with the Student-Athlete Wellness Leadership (SAWL) program.
• ARMS Liaison – serve as liaison for database software, including the negotiating of terms of agreement; assist in the usage of software, enhance features as requested by coaches, trouble-shoot issues that arise, provide guidance and support to coaches.
• Supervise official and unofficial visits.
• Assist internal auditors during yearly compliance audit reviews; serve as primary liaison for requested
• Help coordinate student-athlete survey (i.e., distribute; review and prepare data for analysis)
• Discipline – serve as athletics liaison to Associate Dean; inform coaches of campus infractions
• Manage disbursement of annual scholarship to two football graduates (Caldwell Scholarship).
• Coordinate student-athlete housing pre-and post-academic year.
• Collaborate with PVC on student-athlete community service initiatives, career service programming, and the annual PVC Awards Banquet.
• Oversee student-athlete participation awards.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree required; master’s or other advanced degree preferred
• Minimum of 3 years of related work experience
• Exceptional organizational skills
• Ability to articulate a strong commitment to student-athlete wellness and a holistic approach to the student-athlete experience
• Demonstrated integrity and commitment to academic excellence
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Demonstrated skills building collaborative relationships with students, coaches, parents, alumni, senior administrators, faculty and staff
• An understanding of the fundamental role that intercollegiate athletics, properly implemented, can play in the educational development of our student-athletes